Saturday, November 20, 2010

You See Beauty

Heard this song on CSN international radio by Kristi Northup

It reminded me of how much we see a tiny fragment of the truth. Let's have faith that what we see is not always the entire picture. God is bringing our broken world into completion and there is a promise that he will continue His work until perfection. Believe that promise.



I see desperation, I see pain
I see a life in ruins, hopeless to ever change
I see a city, broken in two
Is there anything that You can do?

But You see beauty where I see dross
You see value where I see loss
‘Cause You are the light and the darkness
Cannot overcome it

I see condemnation, I see shame
I see the Bride of Christ covered in human stain
I see a finger pointing back at me
I’m ashamed of my hypocrisy

I see Simon, You see Peter
I see the adulteress, but You see a leader
I see a desert, You see a well
I see Jacob, but You see Israel

I see China, but You see believers
I see HIV positive, but You are the healer
I see religion, but You see the church
I see the horizon, but You see the whole world



No comments: